Université de Strasbourg was created in 2009 by the merger of three existing universities, with one dating from 1538. The university currenlty has approximately 41,000 students with approximately 5,700 new students enrolling each year.
Teacher candidates who do a 3 week CFE in the Ecole Européenne de Strasbourg will observe and engage in instruction that embraces the following school objectives:
“to give pupils confidence in their own cultural identity – the bedrock for their development as European citizens;
- to provide a broad education of high quality, from nursery level to university-entrance;
- to develop high standards in the mother tongue and in foreign languages;
- to develop mathematical and scientific skills throughout the whole period of schooling;
- to encourage a European and global perspective overall and particularly in the study of the human sciences;
- to encourage creativity in music and the plastic arts and an appreciation of all that is best in a common European artistic heritage;
- to develop physical skills and instill in pupils an appreciation of the need for healthy living through participation in sporting and recreational activities;
- to offer pupils professional guidance on their choice of subjects and on career/university decisions in the later years of the secondary school;
- to foster tolerance, co-operation, communication and concern for others throughout the school community and beyond;
- to cultivate pupils’ personal, social and academic development and to prepare them for the next stage of education”. (See The School)
- Observe, assist and teach in a grade/subject areas similar to that taught in Canada
- Observe, assist and teach English and English as a Second Language
- Observe and assist other grades and subjects in the school
- Observe and assist with teacher specialists
- Observe and assist with field trips and after school activities
- Present an overview of Canada’s history,, geography, and culture.
- Flight from Vancouver to Strasbourg Airport (Sep 2015): $1100.00- 1500.00 Canadian (CDN), return
- Public Transit from Strasbourg Airport to city centre return (Sep 2015): ~16.00 CDN
- Homestay for 3 weeks: $1500. CDN (includes food)
Valid passport and current travel, medical and dental insurance required.