Teacher candidates have the flexibility to shape the field experience and tailor it to meet their unique needs and interests. In recent years, the focus has been to provide an opportunity to participate in the events that happen outside of the classroom — field trips, choral workshops, etc. Teacher candidates are also given opportunities to be engaged in classroom activities that are of interest to them but not necessarily within their subject discipline.
Teacher candidates have the flexibility to make the community field experience their own. While teacher candidates will be encouraged to bring their own ideas forward, field experiences may involve:
- Mentoring students in the STEAM lab
- Team teaching with experienced teachers
- Working with other teacher candidates on inquiry-based multi-disciplinary units
- Accompany students on field trips and co-curricular activities
- Assisting with our diverse extra-curricular program