Student may participate in the following:
- reading files to understand the various learning profiles of students
- plan and implement intervention lessons for students who require extra support (small groups)
- develop materials for students
- provide in class support for ELL students with varying levels of English Language acquisition
- IEP reviews
- kindergarten transition meetings including preparing materials for new students with special needs
- organizing files for 1701 students, checking to ensure file summaries are up to date
- assisting with transition plans for students and families (e.g. touring new classrooms, meeting new teachers)
- year end events
Another opportunity would be an experience shadowing a French Resource teacher at Mitchell. We will be working one-on-one, or in small groups, with students requiring additional assistance. These students range from students that have not been labeled or diagnosed with a learning disability but may have a learning disorder, to students with severe learning impairments.
Finally, we have a teacher librarian interested in working with a teacher candidate for part or all of the CFE. She would like to provide the opportunity to see how a library is shifting towards a learning commons. This is a goal for us for the upcoming 2018/2019 school year.