A CFE in Nechako Lakes will be engaging and varied as you spend time in one of our four main communities. Teacher candidates will be will be involved with one or more of several projects including (but not limited to):
- Plan and help support classes with field trips
- Collaborate with SD 91 “projects” and career activities involving secondary, post-secondary and industry partnerships. Examples include the Sturgeon Hatchery and Project Forest Management.
- Help support fine arts initiatives and performances in both elementary and secondary levels
- Work with our Aboriginal Education support team to develop lessons around art and culture
- Volunteer with the many community clubs and organizations
- Collaborate with French immersion teachers at elementary levels
- Early to mid-June is a time for year-end activities, as well as student exams and graduations.
- Volunteer with one of the many community or school teams such as Mtn Biking, soccer, rugby and golf.
- Explore the many lakes, rivers and trails that make this area of the province one of the best places to work and play
The school district will arrange the accommodations for all teacher candidates, and cover full costs of room and board in staff or community members' homes. Teacher candidates should expect to incur some expenses with regard to either travel or accommodations.
Having a vehicle would be an asset to explore our district.