- Collaborate with a group of Grade 10-11 teachers using project-based learning at our Energetic Learning Campus (ELC)
- Work with our Outdoor Education coordinator and students at our Cameron Lake Outdoor Education site near Hudson's Hope School
- Work with classroom teachers in a two-three room (K-7) school at Buick Creek, Wonowon or Upper Halfway
- Collaborate with classroom teachers in a K-12 school at Prespatou or Hudson's Hope
- Plan and develop lessons for career field trips
- Collaborate with career projects involving secondary, post-secondary and industry partnerships
- Plan projects for students at our elementary school for Fine Arts in collaboration with Fort St. John Community Arts Council
- Work with our Aboriginal Education support team to develop lessons around art and culture
- Collaborate with French immersion teachers at elementary, middle or secondary levels
- Work with AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) as a peer mentor and help plan post secondary visits
The last week of June is a time for year end activities, as well as student exams and graduations. It's still an awesome time to be here though as you will see lots of action, smiles, and celebrations! Please consider bringing active wear in case you get to be involved in field trips, track meets, and day camps, for example! For the ELC, their students are involved in their oral presentations of learning - very powerful to witness such confidence and composure in our young adults!
Looking forward to showcasing our district to you!
Our awesome community is so welcoming and extends their home to our UBC placements! SD60 will provide home stays that include room, board, and transportation.
Meals are arranged with the home stay, just as in a family.
Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from Fort St John.