- Collaborate with a group of Grade 10-11 teachers using project-based learning at our Energetic Learning Campus (ELC)
- Work with our Outdoor Education coordinator and students at our Cameron Lake Outdoor Education site near Hudson's Hope School
- Work with classroom teachers in a two-three room (K-7) school at Wonowon School or Upper Halfway School
- Collaborate with classroom teachers in a K-12 school at Prespatou Elementary/Secondary School or Hudson's Hope Elementary/Secondary School
- Plan and develop lessons for career field trips
- Collaborate with career projects involving secondary, post-secondary and industry partnerships
- Plan projects for students at our elementary school for Fine Arts in collaboration with Fort St. John Community Arts Council
- Get involved in our various arts programs such as Music, Drama, Musical Theater!
- ADST and STEAM activities are incorporated in every level of learning from Primary to High School
- Work with our Indigenous Education support team to develop lessons around art and culture
- Collaborate with French immersion teachers at elementary, middle or secondary levels
- Work with AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) as a peer mentor and help plan post secondary visits
The last week of June is a time for year end activities, as well as student exams and graduations. It's still an awesome time to be here though as you will see lots of action, smiles, and celebrations! Please consider bringing active wear in case you get to be involved in field trips, track meets, and day camps, for example! For the ELC, their students are involved in their oral presentations of learning - very powerful to witness such confidence and composure in our young adults!
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighboring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Looking forward to showcasing our district to you!http://www.prn.bc.ca http://www.prn.bc.ca
Our awesome community is so welcoming and extends their home to our UBC placements! SD60 will provide home stays that include room, board, and transportation.
Meals are arranged with the home stay, just as in a family.
Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from Fort St John.