Teacher candidates engaging with a CFE through Stand Tall, Kampala, Uganda, are in for a treat. They will be expected to bring new skills, innovative workshops and up to date professional training to the elementary school, and in return they will not only be enriched by the experience of living in a foreign country, but also develop many new friendships while exchanging deep cultural understandings and instructional pedagogies and practice.
For more information on this international opportunity, please visit: blogs.ubc.ca/intl/kampala-uganda.
If accepted for a Stand Tall CFE, teacher candidates will receive a $600 bursary from UBC's Go Global. Teacher candidates, however, are responsible for shouldering the following costs (all funds are in Canadian dollars):
- Return flights: approximately $2,000
- 3 weeks accommodation: approximately (TBA)
- 3 weeks food: approximately (TBA)
- Travel clinic and medical insurance: approximately $100 (but it can be quite a bit more or less depending on what vaccinations you have already had, and what you require).
- Visa to enter Uganda (purchased on arrival): approximately $100